The following is a list of upcoming projects that I am working toward as The New Oil. If you believe in any of these projects and want to see them come to fruition, please consider donating to me to help support costs.
The following are projects I plan to implement ASAP and am currently actively working toward.
- Un-released Podcast: I am very excited about this project and I don't want to give too much away. What I can say is that I'm working on a highly-produced, highly-scripted podcast about privacy abuses in the developed world. I hope to release one season of ten episodes each year, but that will largely depend on how much material I can gather. At very least it will be a one-season miniseries.
- Translating the site: I plan to translate The New Oil into multiple languages, beginning with Spanish, German, and Russian. I would like to continue to expand this. I plan to use GitLab to help me to maintain the translated sites as readers will be able to post corrections and discuss them.
The following are projects I plan to implement soon and will begin work as soon as I have time and/or monetary resources.
- Merch store: as part of my continued plans to monetize, I would like to open a merch store to sell shirts, stickers, and other simple merchandise. In order to do this in the most privacy respecting way possible, I will need to self-host a platform such as WooCommerce or OpenCart. I will also be pre-ordering the merch so it doesn't have to be made on-demand. This will both lower prices and allow for better user privacy, though it will be an additional expense when that time comes.
- Nextcloud: I hope to someday be able to provide a publicy-available Nextcloud instance to help people take back their privacy and reduce their dependency on Google services like Calendar or Drive. I would likely run this on a freemium model with limited space for everyone and more space for paying customers. I would also enable end-to-end encryption for maximum user privacy.
The following are projects I plan to implement, however at this time they are a low priority due to lack of demand, lack of sufficient skill, or low threat to my visitors.
- Matrix: the default Matrix instance (which I currently use) has decided to use Cloudflare to help defend against DDoS attacks (they suffered one recently). While I understand this decision and don't fault them for it, again I want to provide my readers with maximum privacy and as such I would like to start my own instance free of Cloudflare.